|Collection||Byzantine Research Fund|
Wace, Mr A.J. B.
|Scope and Content||The templon (closer view). This is a Hellenic Society photograph (H.S. 2876). It is initialed (A.J.B.W.) and annotated in pencil at the back.|
|Further information||The church of Hagios Demetrios at Neochori, Pelion, was built in 1768 to replace an older existing wooden-roofed chapel. The interior is a three-aisled basilica decorated with good-quality frescoes by Pagonis, a renown eighteenth-century hagiographer. Notable is the gilded wood-carved templon of the church.|
|Related records||Access restricted|