Knossos: View of the site from S.
|Collection||SPHS BSA Image Collection|
|Reference No.||BSA SPHS 01/0063.0464|
|Description||Glass negative, quarter plate size, a copy negative taken from a photographic print.|
|Dimensions||10.5 x 8 cm|
Palace of Minos
Fyfe, Mr David Theodore
|Scope and Content||The original description in the SPHS register reads: "Knossos: site from the south".|
|Notes||Date based on Fyfe's period at Knossos as Evans' architect (1900-1904), but cannot pre-date 1901 when the roof of the throne room was constructed (centre of photograph) and the 1903 date when reconstruction of the Hall of the Double Axes began as seen in the right in photograph (pers. comm. V. Fotou 2019).|
1920 JHS 40: 6th accession to 1913 slide catalogue. lxxvii.SPHS 464.