Boeotia Excavations 1906
Based on the find of an inscription built into the church of Agios Dimitrios near the Schimatari station, the site was provisionally identified as the Temple of Apollo at Delium by R.M. Burrows. Burrows suggested that A.C. Brown, student of the British School at Athens, further investigate the area. Brown's examination of the church yielded no Hellenic remains, but did yield Byzantine and Christian remains. Additional locations around the neighbourhood of the village of Dilisi were also conducted, but the specific site of the temple was not located. Sites investigated were the hill of Hagios Elias where the foundations of a Mycenean house and rock cut tomb were discovered. Numerous locations in the village of Dilisi were explored and scattered architectural fragments were discovered, probably dating to the beginning of the 5thcentury BC.
Active in 1906.
Boeotia Excavations 1906 (Fieldwork)Boeotia Excavation 1906 (Evaluation)