Daou-Pendeli Monastery Architectural Survey 1902
Since little of the Byzantine church and monastery was left standing, the aim of the survey was to establish a description as detailed as possible through photographs, drawing and plans.The planning of the central part of the church at the gound level is unusual since it is carried up as a hexagon and domed with a twelve-sided cupola. No evidence of a staircase leading to the upper floor of the church was found. During March of 1902, Heaton Comyn and F.W. Hasluck made an architectrual survey of the remains and standing structures of the Monastery of Daou-Pendeli. The Byzantine church had an unsual hexagonal domed central section with a twelve-sided coupola. A domed narthax was a later addition to the church. The building was in disrepair and no plaster work or mosaics surived. Scant remains of a refrectory and other outbuildings were found within the walled courtyard. Plans and elevations were made and published by Comyn in the Annual of the British School at Athens.
Active in 1902.
Daou-Pendeli Monastery Architectural Survey 1902 (Fieldwork)Daou-Pendeli Monastery Architectural Survey 1902 (Survey)
Comyn, Dr Charles Heaton Fitzwilliam
Hasluck, Dr Frederick William
Comyn, Charles H. 1903. Church of the Ruined Monastery at Daou-Mendeli, Attica. BSA 9: 388-390. Direct link